Saturday 31 August 2013

of fireworks and independence

bismillah~
salam how are you doing? physically? spiritually? mentally? emotionally?
I hope everythings well inshaAllah..
Alhamdulillah fi kulli hal
Today marks the 56th year of independence for our homeland Malaysia..Selamat Hari Merdeka. and like every year, a pretty big celebration is prepared for this day.  despite the never-ending fireworks and marching bands, it feels so mundane deep down with such a superficial value. so today, I'd like us to ask ourselves what it means by celebrating our independence. 

I'm sure everyone has their own meaning of their independence.  For me..I think the celebration should be to mark a better future for Malaysia..I hope this 56th Merdeka celebration is a celebration for improvement for the future and towards a better Malaysia.  It's so easy to fall into the trap of feeling complacent with what we have.  I agree, it is a celebration for the heroes of Malaysia who have poured their blood to fight for our nation and to everyone who have contributed for Malaysia's independence but it should also mean we should progress forward as a nation with a 1st class mentality and 1st class facilities.  Hopefully we can improve this country from having 1st class mentality citizens who would love to recycle their trash but no recycling facilities located nearby to facilitate this act to a country who is environmental friendly and vice versa and also towards a country with 1st class drivers with 1st class roads with no potholes hahaha *in dreamland*. 

On a personal level, I think independence for me right now would mean free from exams haha..and having lots of free time.. It's overwelming.. I need to organise my time..and freeing my mind from doing things because of other reasons..and just solely for Allah..that's the true independence right..sacrificing your life for truth and for Allah like the Martyrs in Egypt at the moment.  which requires so much determination and effort to achieve..just thinking about dying right now makes me shiver..I think I don't need to explain why, please pray I'll be a better muslimah and get on top of my mutabaah amal.

Sometimes people remind us to bersyukur Malaysia masih aman unlike some other countries and then rasa mcm geram sangat nak tenung je orang tu lama2 sampai dia cair. 
1. ye ke Malaysia masih aman? kes ragut macam setiap hari. kes bunuh orang with sniper macam bkn wujud dlm movie je. kes orang buang baby. lagi kes orang dera  isteri. 
2. bukankah sbb kita bersyukur la kita lagi nk tolong orang lain yang dalam kesusahan..sbb kita sedar yang keadaan kita yang 'aman' adalah pemberian daripada Allah untuk membolehkan kita tolong orang lain?

Okay, selamat Hari Merdeka semua!

sisters + Aqil!

No comments:

Post a Comment