Sunday 20 November 2011

For the love of Allah

bismillah.
yesterday my friends and I went to Excel, London to join the Twins of Faith conference. Alhamdulillah for allowing us the chance and masyaAllah it was spectacular. a whole list of talented and wise speakers, poets and artists. I guess the most important thing I gained was the uplifting feeling of racing towards a better ummah by seeing how many masses of people coming to the conference which I believe would be to learn more about Allah's blessed Deen and to become a better Muslim and seeing the organiser's effort to hold such an event for the benefit of the ummah and for Allah's love is just a boost of spirit for dakwah work.  

our entrance wrist band
Based on our dear brother's talk, ustadh Nouman Ali Khan titled 'The best of man', what's important is that we start from being a better individual and building up our fundamentals as we go along.  
The programme book
hihi, I think it really is amazing how Allah works His magic.  I only just remembered after the conference that I once said to Zed a couple of years ago how 'envious' I was that she had the chance to listen to the brother's talk in US. I was goofing around saying I think how I might come to US just to see the brother.  Lo and behold what Allah has in store. and I do pray that my intentions were right.

Our brother
Which is another point from the brother's talk which was to make 'niat' or intention of what we want in life even we haven't got a clue yet how we are going to achieve it.  For instance, he gave an example of learning Arabic to understand Allah's text better.  Although we may not be able to find a teacher at the moment or have time yet or etc, but insyaAllah if we make the intention now just watch how Allah will open up the doors to allow us achieve our goals. I think it was based on his own life experience. 

 and Alhamdulillah, I think this experience to me has been a very sweet journey, personally and spiritually.


hehe


as part of my diary, 
nad

No comments:

Post a Comment