Saturday 4 April 2009

we will not go down

there's two things you ought to know about me. i have a short-term memory. and what was the other one? oh yeah, apparently i also have a short attention span.
well, it's not exactly proven but there have been instances that led me to think that i do have em. so being me, i constantly need reminding and sometimes i need a bit of a push or motivation when i feel that i'm not up for something. an extremely common example would be studying.

so then, i would seek friends and have a chat with them so they could say something that would boost my spirits. but i guess not today. because today, in the midst of occupying my oh-so-free-time (which i'm supposed to be filling up with studying) i started to search for videos on the net. and i came across this song from Michael Heart about the war in Gaza. I'm not really sure who he is but he sends a very strong message through this song which i'm very fond of.
the video depicts the pain and sufferings of the Palestinians, destruction of their homes, casualties and injuries from the war, children fighting back Israelian troops with pebbles and their bare hands. it's really heartbreaking. but again, this is the reality that's happening now. maybe we're not going through it personally , but it shouldn't stop us from feeling their pain, and having the urge to help them out in any form possible. especially think about the innocent kids that are suffering from this war crime, what harm could they have done to deserve such treatment?

so then i thought, if I'm still able to fill up my tummy with food, have time to use the internet, have a comfortable bed, have the chance to finish my education which in other words means STUDYING then why mustn't i put my best effort and maximize my time with beneficial things when in fact other people in other parts of the world are dying to be in my place? and i mean literally.
so i guess, realizing this i should take some action immediately. not just ponder on it and let the thought escape my mind. thus, the need to be writing all this down.

anyway, the song title is 'we will not go down'. it brings so much hope, motivation and encouragement that we should never give up a fight until the fat lady sings.
which then, we'll depend on Allah for what is best for us.
let's all pray together so that peace will once again be restored in Palestine and let the land be returned to it's rightful owners. insyaAllah.

2 comments:

  1. http://dailyvid.co.uk/we-will-not-go-down/

    i came across this video lastweek.
    touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My housemate even send music chords to ultimateguitar.com..its a very nice song

    ReplyDelete