Monday 25 May 2009

of budak kecik and an unexpected turn out.

hi there.
Today's another bank holiday in this part of the world called UK. And guess where I am? in the train from Hull to Bristol. Since my laptop's broken down, I'm using my handphone to go online. Resourceful ey?

It's quite surprising how my weekend turned out to be. For weeks me and my friends've been planning to go to Galway. We were supposed to visit cliff of moher and Connemara. we were already at the boarding gate when we didn't get access to pass through. Why? I'll tell u bout that later. Hehe. So we then decided to take a detour n went to Hull to visit my cousin who's been inviting me over for quite a while now but I've been putting it off due to exams and all. And so just

*right, just as i was feeling kinda cool writing the blog on phone, especially time jiwang2 tengok luar tingkap train. heheh, the application just cut short my words, leaving my entry hanging*

oh never mind. i'll just continue using a proper internet-connected device a.k.a a laptop ;)

ok, so where was I? ha, yes, and so, just as we were heading back home from the airport, the idea to visit my cousin Safwan suddenly sprung out of my head. after getting my uncle's permission to spend a few nights there we continued the journey to Bristol Temple Meads Train Station to board the last train to Hull which is at 6.30 pm. successfully enduring 5 hours on train until we reached my cousin's at 11.30 at night. ah. so penat. anyway, my uncle and cousin gave us a warm welcome and watched a bit of al-Jazeera and arabic channels. and that was it for the night.

the following day, we went Bowling, went shopping at city centre, Safwan insisted that he needed to buy new trackies, a jacket and a pair of shoes, (i don't want to spoil him but who could resist those pleadingly cute eyes) and on our last evening there we played football at the field, and he showed us around University of Hull. where my aunty used to study. she's in Malaysia now. before we headed back home, he showed me his school.

then at night we all would cuddle up under the duvet to watch movies on his laptop. and though it might seem like just a normal thing, i know that it meant more to him. before we all went to bed, his dad would bring us tea with milk and cardamon. Ah. Just reminds me of my mom bringing me hot drinks at night.

although it was only a few days, it felt nice to have given him the comfort of having family around. and having kind friends who were there to accompany me just made it an even meaningful and wonderful trip. thanks Huney and Qutiyyah! -

insyaAllah i'll try to come and visit you again.

before i left i gave him my phone number and skype. just as we were leaving his house, his dad said in an Arab accent "come again and stay longer next time because Safwan suka you come". which really meant a lot to me. because truthfully, i'm quite scared of my uncle. haha. and i don't know why.

i just got his skype message on my phone:

Safwan: hi how are you?
safwan: i'm bored
safwan: i'm at an internet cafe
safwan: even though
safwan: i have internet
safwan: at home
safwan: lol

take care budak kecik!

No comments:

Post a Comment