Tuesday 2 February 2010

bismillah.

i just remembered. a few years back mama said she likes seeing ladies wearing long jubahs, long clothes and all the other Busana Muslimah shall we say. so she asked me, "Angah, don't you want to try wearing clothes like them..you will look very sweet in them." haha. yes, this my crude translation from Malay.

anyway, i was in form 3 or 4. and it is told that the teenage years are the period of exploration, self discovery, rebels and hardheadedness. though the level of each encounters may vary from one individual to another, it is still apparent in everyone. so i said, (not realizing at that time that I was being a 'typical' teenager) "mama, maybe i don't think so..they're already 20 plus now, so it suits them wearing clothes like that because it's appropriate for their age. i'm only in form 3..maybe later..when i'm in uni i'll wear clothes like that." shrugging off the idea.

mama just smiled, maybe a bit amused of my answer.

that was that. so now, i'm 22 years worth of age. aaaa! and yes I am also in uni. and guess what?
i'm starting to wear these long2 clothes and jubahs
..

and surprisingly enough, it isn't because of the promise i had told mama a long time ago. and i'm not even sure if mama still remembers but it's insyaAllah due to my own desire to dress according to the Islamic dress code and for His pleasure.

Although my reply to mama has never since occurred in my mind. i think that in some way, Allah has greatly helped me to keep my promise
. and it only shows, if we take care of our relationship with Allah. Allah will take care of the rest, insyAllah. hehe :D and now it's amusing to both of us.



p/s: insignificant things that cross my mind tatkala hujan sedang turun di luar library. menunggu hujan reda supaya boleh cari lunch. perut sudah berkeroncong dan otak sudah pening memikirkan tentang otak. heheh. serves me right for choosing SSC topic psl otak?

No comments:

Post a Comment