Wednesday 5 January 2011

of a dream dialogue

bismillah


i think i've been slacking off a lot lately. okay, i should scratch the THINK. and i'm saying this not with any hint of proudness at all but mainly disapointment. looking back at the times when i could have done more useful things. Allahummaghfirli and forgive me for Your time that i've wasted.

i think the slacking off goes in terms of my study, of my personal development, of my mutabaah amal. Syed Qutb wrote in tafsir al-Asr, what is iman? while we may have a lot of linguistic definitions for iman, it is actually the relationship with Allah. having a poor relationship with Allah consequently results in low iman.

i would want to say and give excuses for the times i've been playing around that i was not in the right mental state, that i was being tested and i could not handle it especially in this cold with no sun where being close to becoming a hyperchondriac i seriously believe i have SAD syndrome. but i'm thinking again in the future, on the day of judgement when all creations will bow down to Allah, will i be able to say, "Allah, i went through mountains of ice and swam through oceans of fire for You. will You be happy with my offerings and accept me as one of Your obedient slaves?" (pardon me for my random metaphors) i truly, madly, deeply would want to say this.

Allahumma, please forgive this rambling slave that loves to write loads but rarely acts on it, that always wastes Your time, and procrastinates Her work. (especially her ssc) but is slowly finding her reason to live and becoming a muslimah. Allah, guide me and provide me strength ya Allah. (oh, and for my kakak usrah too..and all the muslim/ahs in this world too. insyaAllah)

"kerana seharusnya mempunyai visi dan misi yg jelas itu mampu utk melonjakkan amal dan menetapkan kaki utk terus istiqamah."

insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment