Monday 25 October 2010

of the special things in life

bismillah.

came back from the library yesterday, and there it was. in the silver pot, just staring at me. luring me closer. until I finally did. and down it went into my tummy. burp, Alhamdulillah.

of ayam kurma.

people always say things like "I'm not as beautiful as her', "i'm not as smart as her", "i'm not as funny as her", "i'm not as well spoken as her" and the list goes on. and I for one, might be among of the utterers. the tendencies of having low self esteem, being ladies, though undesired, have put us in this trap.

often, we forget about the great things in life Allah has granted us with. and because of ayam kurma last night, it reminded me once again of Allah's warmth. yes, I am special.

I am special because I was able to come home from the library in the cold dark midnight to a warm and wonderful meal of nasi with ayam kurma. cooked by my dearest friend, usrahmate, coursemate and housemate. I am special because Allah has allowed me to be living in Bristol in the great company of people who are always trying to better themselves and be closer to Allah.

I am special because out of 7 billion people breathing the same air in this world, I am allowed to learn about Islam, to understand Islam and to teach it to others despite my oh, so many flaws. I am allowed to practice it without the fear of being rejected by my family and friends. or the fear of people throwing acid on my car. because I choose to be a Muslim.

I am special because I was allowed to feel the love from little sisters running around in the sun. one asked me for my name, "Miss, what's your nayyyme?" It's Nahdiya, i said. she grinned, and i heard her repeat it under her breath.

Of all the special things in life Allah has ALLOWED us to feel. Alhamdulillah.


Allah made us special for some reason. let's not throw away our specialness into the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment